Accountant | BCN
31/01/2020 12 days
OSM Aviation require an Accountant on a fixed 1-year contract to be a part of the Accounting team in Barcelona, working closely with the Finance team at HQ in Oslo, Norway.
OSM Aviation is one of the leading global providers of Crew Management Services for the airline industry. Our services include Crew Management, Recruitment, Training and Planning and Scheduling. The company was founded in 2013, and today we have a total of more than 6,600 employees working in our 15 offices worldwide. Due to the recent success and rapid growth of the company, we are excited to strengthen our team in Barcelona.
This position will get the chance to develop professional skills while working in a dynamic international environment.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant you will be responsible for delivering an effective and correct accounting, whilst helping to develop a collaborative, successful and dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Be key resource in insourcing and centralization project for accounting.
- Strong attitude of streamlining and improving processes.
- Overseeing intercompany netting process, supplier payments and monitor cash flow requirements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and report accurately on company group system.
- Maintaining and preparing journal entries for fixed assets, prepayments and accruals.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- VAT reconciliation and submission.
- Working with external auditors.
- Assist in establishing robust financial controls.
- Accounts Payable Processing.
- Outgoing invoices and collection tasks.
- Maintenance and Reconciliations of Prepayment accounts.
- Performing Bank Reconciliations on a weekly basis.
- Weekly Treasury Reporting and Monthly Journal Entries.
- Ad hoc tasks when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent CMA or ACCA accreditation.
- 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience from an international organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX or NAV is considered highly advantageous.
- Strong English writing and communication skills as the work language is English.
- Detailed oritented with strong analytical skills.
Personal skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge in SQL and VBA is considered valuable.
- Action-oriented, self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong willingness to be part of a dynamic and global organization.
- Highly structured.
- Team builder.
- Conscientious and proactive.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Organized, driven by excellence and has a sense of responsibility.
What do we offer you?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a hectic and dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Possibility to develop professionally.
- Possibility to travel.
- Competitive conditions.
- Take part in a unique and fast growing company.