Front End Developer
Do you want to take part in developing Next Generation Tools & Services for the World’s Leading Air Crew Management Company? We seek a Front End Developer for our Technology & Innovation Department to further strengthen our Digitalization and Automation initiatives
If you are “speaking” fluent web markup, are genuinely interested in technology and development and are triggered by varying and challenging tasks – then, we would love to hear from you!
What We Offer
You will be part of a unique and fast-growing company with a key focus on technology and innovation. You will work in the Technology & Innovation Department with like-minded people, where cutting-edge development and outside-the-box thinking are in focus. In addition, we offer exciting and challenging tasks, possibilities to develop professionally, and competitive conditions.
What We Expect
You are sincerely interested in coding and are always seeking self-improvement. You can translate “human specifications” from your colleagues to technical specifications, and ultimately beautifully thought-out and working code. You can adapt to new workflows and application architectures quickly.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Maintain and improve our internal components library.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience configuring Webpack or other bundlers.
- Knowledge in Node.js for running client side applications in production.
- Experience implementing REST API’s.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Ability to transform a sketch (Sketch, XD, Photoshop, etcetera) into an interactive and pixel-perfect web-equivalent.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, mainly Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Proficient in WordPress and theme development.
- Additional bonus qualifications:
- Experience with the Laravel PHP Framework and/or its ecosystem.
- Understanding and experience with real-time communication (WebSockets).
Our Technology Stack
- Back-End: PHP 7+ ; Laravel 5.5+ ; MySQL ; Nginx ; Redis ; Composer
About OSM Aviation
OSM Aviation is the first company to offer Total Crew Management in the Aviation Industry; from Recruitment, Training, Management, to Planning & Execution. We provide airlines with superior air crew, and at the same time, we are a top tier long term employer. Today, we have more than 5800 air crew employees, and presence in 18 countries.
If you have any questions for this position, please do not hesitate to contact us.