OSM Aviation is looking for HR Support to help start up a new group and assist with the day-to-day HR operations and issues related to 200 air crew based in Barcelona.
OSM Aviation is an unique international company which is the first company to offer total crew management, a full range of services including employment and management of both flight deck and cabin crew. We are responsible for the entire crew management process, from recruitment and training to planning and execution in Spain for Norwegian Airline.
The position as HR Support covers all aspects of employment, complying with Spanish law and our airline customers’ operational manual. You will be working in close corporation with the HR and payroll team in Malaga and another HR Support located in Barcelona and with the customers operational responsible at the location, in accordance with OSM Aviation values and customer procedures. You shall contribute to the accomplishment of HR best practices and objectives leading to a service oriented high-performance culture focused on productivity, quality, recruitment and retention of a professional and content work force.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work independently with day-to-day HR tasks at your location and maintain a constant communication and coordination between the employees and the airline customer.
- Ensure airline customer is provided with all requested documentation and HR related feedback such as (not limited to): Retention overview/plans, terminations. To bridge any information or communication gap between the airline customer and the employees.
- Plan and participate in Base meetings to meet employees face to face to ensure a personal contact. Cooperate with the Base Chief for both Cabin Crew and Flight Deck.
- Upload and manage files in our HR system.
- Communicate with Payroll to ensure correct information of each crew member.
- Communicate with crew regarding their Terms and Conditions, maternity leave, sick leave etc.
- Keep track of sickness and vacation days.
- Communicate with Spanish authorities regarding taxes, social security etc.
- Ensuring a high quality service level towards crew and the airline customer.
- Document disciplinary cases in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that company complies with Spanish regulations.
- Support and guide foreign employees in getting the necessary paperwork done in Spain.
- Business and personnel management experience with a Human Resource background (RRHH).
- Education within RRHH with Spanish Labour law is a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish both oral and written.
- A profound knowledge of the Spanish law and regulations within the ETT sector (Estatuto de Trabajadores etc.).
- You shall be pro-active and with enough capacity to solve problems independently before deadlines.
- The HR Support is considered as a valued communicator who transmits the company´s philosophy to all the employees.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills is an advantage.
- To have an understanding of the HR role and demonstrating teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with various departments internationally and encourage teamwork across country borders.
- Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility.
- Calm under pressure and the ability to work independently.