OSM Aviation is looking for an accounting and HR professional to help build our back office bookkeeping, HR and financial control functions. We seek a self-starter skilled in general ledger and HR processes with analytical thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Accounting or equivalent education/work experience.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience and knowledge in accounting and human resources practices
- Must have a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, and a sound understanding of accounting principles
- Problem analysis, planning and organizing
- Judgment, decision making and problem solving
- Information gathering and monitoring
- General Ledger Accounting including the reconciliation of all bank accounts and other general ledger accounts.
- Review monthly statements, bank reconciliation
- Budgeting process
- Maintain accounting files
- Provide backup support for payroll
- Processing employee maintenance such as new hires, terminations, job changes, direct deposits, garnishments, tax status changes, etc.
- Ensuring employee benefit related deductions are processed correctly
- Process all payroll benefits and allocations for medical, 401K, life insurance etc.
- Identifying, calculating, and processing pay discrepancies via manual checks.
- Producing variety of payroll, tax, and remittance reports.
- Reconciling expenses to credit card statements.
- Reconciling employee benefit invoices.
- Reviewing and processing expense reimbursements.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Verifying and processing payables; posting and mailing checks.
- Entering invoices into accounting software and maintaining A/P files.
- Year End processes and procedures including tax related spreadsheets.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Human Resource Coordinator Job Duties:
- Manage Benefit enrollments, annual renewals, and review benefit bills for accuracy.
- Coordination of Benefit Plans (Health Care, Life insurance, LTD, STD, 401K etc…)
- Keeping track of leave time such as PTO and FMLA.
- Enrolling employees in insurance benefit programs.
- Work Comp audits and return to work coordination.
- Responsible for coordinating Business Insurance Renewal process including Work Comp Payroll Estimates, review of annual renewal estimates for Business and Work Comp coverages.
- Assist the HR Department in payroll and time management of associates