Human Resources Generalist
Due to the rapid growth of the company, we are looking to strengthen and expand our team at the Fort Lauderdale office. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management.
OSM Aviation is the first company to offer Total Crew Management in the Aviation Industry; from Recruitment, Training and Management to Planning & Execution. We provide airlines with superior crew members, and at the same time, we are a top tier long term employer. OSM Aviation has more than 6000 air crew employees, and a presence in eighteen countries.
The Human Resource Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, office administration, and employment law compliance.People are at the center of everything we do in OSM Aviation, so it is important to have good interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with both stakeholders and our employees.
Areas of responsibility
- Manage and perform all human resource duties, such as recruitment, payroll and benefits, healthcare, office administration, new hire orientation, and union matters.
- Communicate and coordinate with US HR Manager to implement human resources processes.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Review and implement policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure that federal and state laws are consistently followed and that complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist US HR manager in revising employee handbook and ensure company policies are in legal compliance.
- Implement salary requirements and payroll processing.
- Administer and manage employee requests and matters such as leave of absence, employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
- Supervisory responsibility for a staff of five HR professionals.
Qualifications and experience
- A master’s degree in HR. Candidates that do not meet the educational requirement but have extensive experience within the HR field are also welcomed to apply.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the HR field.
- Thorough and specific knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and multi-state payroll administration.
- Experience with employee relation issues, e. g. discrimination and harassment, EEOC, FMLA, Workers Comp, Short Term Disability, ADA, wage and hour investigations, documenting all claims and recommending course of action.
- Labor relations and union experience preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Creative and proactive.
- Analytical, with good problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Works well under pressure.
- Self-driven, structured and organized.
- Able to keep the overview of extensive prosesses.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Adaptable to a dynamic and international organization.
What we offer
- Skillful and social colleagues in a dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- HR Professional Development in a unique and fast-growing company!