On behalf of Norrønafly, OSM Aviation is now looking for 1-2 NDT inspectors with flight mechanic or aviation component mechanic background. Ideally with work experience with propellers.
At OSM Aviation our belief is that “It’s all about people”, and we assist our clients with everything from recruitment, training, management to planning and executing. Norrønafly Propeller & NDT (NPN) has been in operation for more than 50 years and is a leading European maintenance center for propellers, NDT, composite, spare parts and related services.
Norrønafly Propeller & NDT (NPN) is primarily looking for NDT inspectors with Level 2 in Eddy Current and Ultrasonic based on the standard NS-EN4179. They are certified from CAA and EASA to carry out NDT inspections based on NS-EN4179.
The NDT inspectors will work with NDT, but also in the workshop as flight-/component mechanics with maintenance tasks in order to have an effective utilization.
We are primarily looking for candidates from Norway, secondly Sweden and third from Denmark/Finland or Baltikum. We migtht also consider candidates from EU or UK.
- Certified NDT inspectors Level 2 with based on standard NS-EN4179 (or on the way to become Level 2 in the aviation industry)
- Educated as flight-/or component mechanics
- Working experience between 5 – 10 years in the aviation industry
- Good communication and cross group collaboration skills
- Security clearance (within NATO countries)
- Driving license
- Excellent in English and preferable in Norwegian/Scandinavian
- Carry out NDT inspections in workshop and on site at customer premises
- Willingness to work “shift” during evenings/nights according to a schedule
- Work as flight-/component mechanic in the workshop (willingness to step into a training program)
- Ability to work as a senior employee with a high degree of independence
- Act as a senior employee, be proactive and demonstrate added value to the team in various areas
What is offered
- Candidates with NDT Level 2 in Eddy Current/Ultrasonic based on NS-EN4179 with 10 years of experience in the aviation industry could be offered a salary of app. NOK 600 000
- Candidates within the same area with a possibility to become Level 2 (need hours) within half a year could be offered salaries of app NOK 500 000
- Candidates with NDT Level 2 in other methods (Penetrant, Magnaflux) could be offered salaries of app. NOK 500 000 (priority 2)
- Travel jobs and late working hours will be remunerated additionally.
- It is important to verify the dual competence for the candidates (i.e. NDT and flight-/component mechanics)
- Financial relocation support t.b.d.