Payroll Assistant (Internship)
OSM Aviation is now seeking a Payroll Assistant (internship) on a permanent basis to be a part of the accounting department in Barcelona, working with the Senior Payroll Officer and the Finance team at HQ.
OSM Aviation is a global organisation offering a full range of high quality crew management services to Airlines worldwide. Due to the recent success and rapid growth of the company, we are excited to strengthen our team in Barcelona.
This is initially a part time role, which can develop into full time for the right person. In this position you will get the chance to develop your professional skills while working in a dynamic international environment.
Reporting to the Senior Payroll Officer you will be responsible for delivering an effective monthly payroll run, whilst helping to develop a collaborative, successful and dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Support with monthly payroll ensuring that all data is accurate and input in a timely manner
• Handle personal data of applicants in compliance with Data Protection requirements
• Support the payroll officer with required payroll checks
• Input all data changes into the payroll systems in a timely manner including new starter forms/amendment
• Manage employee expenses and process payments through payroll ensuring approval has been obtained and receipts.
• Liaise with local payroll and payroll providers
• Monthly calculations of gross pay,and additions
• Reporting to local payroll and payroll providers
• Assist accounting team with reconciliation of payroll accounts
• Act as a point of contact to liaise by phone and email to employee’s queries
• Additional ad hoc tasks when required
Skills and Knowledge:
• Studying towards Finance qualifications
• Strong English language, verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a team contributing to a positive and productive work environment
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a hands on approach
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Self-starter who will take initiative and can work independently
• High adaptability to change
• Resilience when dealing with strong personalities
• Comfortable with the rapid pace of change in both a business and personal context
• Has integrity, energy, lots of enthusiasm and is hardworking, likeable and approachable
• Highly proficient in Excel.
What we offer:
• Skillful and social colleagues in a hectic and dynamic environment
• Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities
• Possibility to develop professionally
• Possibility to travel
• Competitive conditions
• Personal computer, mobile phone and coverage of telephone subscription
• Take part in a unique and fast growing company