Senior Accountant BCN
Due to the recent success and rapid growth of the company, we are excited to strengthen our team in Barcelona. OSM Aviation requires a Senior Accountant on a full time and permanent basis to play a key role in standardizing and automating finance processes. You will be an important resource in ensuring that we deliver effective and correct monthly accounts, whilst being part of a collaborative, successful and dynamic team.
OSM Aviation is the first company to offer Total Crew Management in the Aviation Industry; from Recruitment, Training and Management to Planning & Execution. We provide airlines with superior crew members, and at the same time, we are a top tier long term employer. OSM Aviation has more than 6000 air crew employees, and presence in eighteen countries.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Be a key resource for insourcing and centralization project related to accounting.
- Ensure accurate processing of transactions.
- Overseeing intercompany netting process, supplier payments and monitor cash flow requirements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and report accurately on company group systems.
- Maintaining and preparing journal entries for fixed assets, prepayments and accruals
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly debtors report with commentary on overdues and deductions.
- Monthly AP report with commentary.
- VAT reconciliation and submission.
- Working with internal and external auditors.
- Assist in establishing robust financial controls.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent CMA or ACCA accreditation.
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX or NAV is considered highly advantageous.
- Experience with external audits is a requirement.
- Knowledge in SQL and VBA is considered valuable.
- Experience from an international organization.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office.
- Highly structured and organized.
- Detailed oritented with strong analytical skills.
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Independent and proactive with the ability to act on your own initiative.
- Team builder.
- Capable of partnering with colleagues with perspectives from diverse backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
What do we offer you?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Possibility to develop professionally.
- Possibility to travel.
- Competitive conditions.
- Personal computer, mobile phone and coverage of telephone subscription.
- Take part in a unique and fast growing company.
The position will be based in Barcelona, Spain, but it is expected some traveling to other OSM Aviation offices.