Senior Vice President Cabin Crew
06/08/2018 15 days
OSM Aviation is now looking for a Senior Vice President with extensive experience within the field of international HRM and commercial aviation. SVP Cabin Crew is a key executive role at OSM Aviation responsible for all operational aspects of the company’s Cabin Crew operations and the cabin crew department.
OSM Aviation is an innovative and global specialist in the employment, training and administration of cabin crew and pilots worldwide, which has renewed the way airlines approach their talent management.OSM Aviation is the first company to offer total crew management, a full range of services including recruitment, employment, management, crew planning and training of both flight and cabin crew. OSM Aviation is growing rapidly as we enjoy significant commercial success partnering with key global airlines and has in less than 5 years grown from 0 to 5500 in 18 different countries world-wide.
This role will be leading highly effective teams in achieving company and departmental vision/objectives and is accountable for managing all cabin crew bases and cabin crew in OSM Aviation. SVP Cabin Crew is part of OSM Aviation’s extended Top Management and reports directly to COO on all operational cabin crew related matters.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the Human Resources (HR) management of all cabin crew bases and cabin crew in OSM Aviation.
- Overall responsibility of the Cabin Crew recruitment for OSM Aviation and customer airlines. On a daily basis, the cabin crew recruitment is managed by the Director of Cabin Crew Recruitment who is in reference to the SVP Cabin Crew.
- Review, develop and enhance the Cabin Crew Management organization.
- Develop and implement departmental strategies and goals for improving the management and performance of own department.
- Assure coordination with customer airlines in all Cabin Crew safety, procedural and HR related matters.
- Ensure performance measurements are established, communicated, prioritized and implemented for the HR managers and Cabin Crew department.
- Participate and represent OSM Aviation in negotiations with unions, customers and other relevant parties.
- Participate in and contribute to RFP/tender processes and sales meetings towards potential customers.
- Attend management meetings weekly/monthly or when outlined.
- Attend operational management meetings in customer airlines, if applicable.
- Collect, analyze and prepare decision support for quality management meetings.
- Create inputs and solutions for any non-compliance or unsuitable findings, both manual- and practice wise, and convey these to the COO and AOC holder/customer airline.
- Maintain a constant and complying quality level according to the company principles and quality assurance directives of OSM Aviation.
- Plan, participate and conduct HR Base Meetings and Base Operational Meetings.
- Ensure the production and distribution of Cabin Crew Newsletters/Bulletins.
- Manage OSM Aviation Cabin Crew HR Crewman database.
- Act as On-Duty Emergency Director.
- Actively participate in developing the “InCaseIT” software to support an always qualitative Emergency level within OSM Aviation.
Desired skills and experience
- 7+ years of managerial experience from operations/management
- Master Degree from relevant field; HR, Business and Administration, Legal, etc.
- Candidates with extensive and relevant experience who does not meet educational requirements may still be considered for position.
- Preferred candidates will have had exposure in international business and commercial aviation.
- Significant experience of managing large and diverse work groups
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills in English
- Strong leadership skills, sound business judgement and capable of applying existing knowledge across a very wide range of operational arenas.
- Dynamic mindset and will to travel.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and capable of building sound professional relationships and efficient teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-pace and demanding work environment.
- Customer oriented, pragmatic and agile to changing priorities.
- Ability to organize effectively and delegate responsibility.
- High focus on quality assurance.
What do we offer
- Skillful and social colleagues in a vibrant, international and dynamic environment
- Competitive benefits
- Personal computer, mobile phone and coverage of telephone subscription
- To be part of a unique and fast-growing CompanyStart date: As soon as possible.